Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 May 2011

My first day!


As a student teacher I have been allocated a lovely class of 25, yr5 students. My cooperating teacher is a self-confessed stranger when it comes to technology and integrating it into her class. When asked what I would like to teach out of the possible topics, I was excited to see that emailing was one of these options and I quickly volunteered to my CT’s relief as she fears the digital unknown. I was however, very impressed to find out that last term the students were introduced to Blogging but this was guided by one of the more techno familiar teachers. Teaching the students about the wonderful world of the web and its uses is alone very exciting, but I can see my self coming to the aid of my CT and am very happy to share and help her in anyway I can, in order to promote the possibilities I have discovered whilst in my Professional Experience class.
I am lucky to have an IWB in the class and will be using it as much as I can, as I have been told that my techno timid teacher has only used it a few times. My class shares 5 PCs with the adjoining yr5 class and has an allocated 1hr on Fridays in the computer lab. So I will be making the most of my resources and building upon prior knowledge of the students (and my CT) so that the unfamiliar becomes familiar. So as I sit here finding new e-resources for my lessons, I get butterflies of excitement in my tummy just thinking how much I can integrate technology into my yr5 lessons (whilst on prac) as well as what my own future classes!

Thanks Flickrcc for the Image: 'Sunset over Pearl Qatar.'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8264376@N03/2199471245

No comments:

Post a Comment