Search This Blog

Monday 18 April 2011

Trial & Error...

I would like to tell you the tale of my digital storytelling experience with Vuvox...
Vuvox has three different options to create your digital story express, collage, and studio. I chose collage for my first endeavor.
The free multimedia site allows anyone to create interactive stories from their photos, videos, text and audio clips. My first was pretty basic, only editing the images however will develop my Vuvox skills using the extra editing options. The editing features include;
  Image Cut-out and Masking tools
  Layer positioning and Compositing
  Interactive 'Hot-spots', providing links to media, text or other websites
  Ability to add rich media details and Text and Soundtrack

The collage function enables you to publish, embed, and syndicate into websites, blogs and social networking sites to share your creation... to a wider audience. There is a function to adjust privacy settings if you don't want to share. I did have some troubles with aligning the audio and visual. I found that you should avoid running the mouse over the control bar (at the bottom) whilst playing. A lot of trial and error...

All in all I enjoyed the time creating my first Vuvox story, it was created when asked who was an inspiration in my life… I hope you enjoy my first (of hopefully many) digital stories.

As a pre-service teacher, I look forward to utilizing digital stories in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment