Search This Blog

Sunday 29 May 2011

The Teacher's Budd:e


This week we were introduced to the issue of cyber safety in and around the classroom. The Australian Government has designed the Budd:e website to help students make informed decisions about their actions and behavior when using the internet. I can relate to Miss Kate’s blog about how thought provoking the lecture had been and how it also got me thinking that a website is all well and good but there needs to be a carefully designed school program in order to keep the kids safe. We both agree, Miss Kate and I that it is a team effort between parents and teachers for full coverage of safety in cyberspace. I don’t think we should wrap our kids in cotton wool be make them aware of associated dangers and what sensible behavior they should have, in relation to cyber bullying.
I thought I all my social networking sites were set to private and that only friends I accepted could see my details and photos but after the tutorial I was shown that you need to vigilant with cyber-privacy and the video we were shown is concerning and thought provoking…



Thank you:
Australian Government for Budd:e and the image used above.
http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/
Thinkyouknow.co.uk for the video.
'Jigsaw: Assembly for 8 to 10 video'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o8auwnJtqE


No comments:

Post a Comment