Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 May 2011

A Learning Space Truly Special! No, Innovative!



As is Miss Coulson, I too was concerned as to how I will go about integrating technologies in my future classroom . However after having Glynis as a guess speaker in my tutorials she assured us that it could be done, just like Sliverton Public School. I was one of many (or all) of the class who sat at the edges of their seat watching how innovative this school is.  Glynis had a horde of hands up asking questions with excitement. Like Miss Coulson I had never before seen or imagined a school that has one learning place and now want to do a practicum in this or a similar school. The way in which Silverton have integrated technology is truly ground breaking. I thought the Principal to be revolutionary how instead of buying IWBs for every classroom, they used the money to buy a variety of technology like iPads, Wiis, and a radio station, which you could clearly see how engaged that children were in their project based learning.   This video is thought provoking on how as pre-service teachers can create successful meaningful learning environments with integrating technology! 

No comments:

Post a Comment